Saturday, February 1, 2014

Big Change of Plans

We have a slight change of plans.  Well, maybe a little more than slight.  Actually, it is something that we have been praying about for a very long time, and we now feel that it is time to go forward with it. 

Our home study previously approved us for two children.  We are getting it amended to approve three.

Our plan is to adopt three children from the same orphanage.  We have been praying about adopting both Yuri and Viktor (you can read about him in the same article) for quite some time.  We notified our facilitator of our intent a while back, but didn’t feel it was the time to announce it publicly yet.

Our facilitator has also told us that there is now a 2 ½ year old girl with epilepsy at the same orphanage who needs a home.  This is exactly what we, in our hearts, were waiting for, and we hope that things will work out for us to adopt all three of these children.  We are working to that end.  

Will things be difficult?  Yes, I’m sure!  But, we know that the Lord will equip us for what He calls us to do.

We had been previously advised that adopting one child from Ukraine would cost around $24,000, and that two would be $30,000.  Adopting three will likely be somewhere in the area of $36,000.

We have currently raised $6,000 for the adoption.  We trust that the Lord will bring in ALL of the funds necessary before the time comes to travel (thus far, we have had everything we needed before we had need of it).

If you would like to partner with us financially in this endeavor, that would be terrific.  If you would pray for us as we do this, that would be even better.  J

You can donate by credit card through the YouCaring website, but we are charged a PayPal fee.  If you would like to make a donation without a fee, please contact me for more information.  I’m sorry, but the donations are not tax-deductible.  

This is Viktor.   I wish I had a picture of Christina to share with you, but we have not yet received one.




3 comments:

  1. Oh Jennifer! I cannot fully express how happy I am to read this right now! My heart is overflowing!! What a GLORIOUS step of faith you and your family are taking. When I saw Viktor's picture on that article, my heart broke for that little guy. I love him so much and he isn't even mine. What a blessing you and your family are to these three sweethearts. You bet I'll be praying for you as you do this! With much love in Jesus, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. My pleasure! I'm so proud of you and your family!

      Delete